Tremont School is not currently hiring, but please feel free to send a resume to email@example.com to be considered for potential openings in the future.
Teaching and Learning at Tremont School
Tremont School is a strategically small, progressive middle school, high school and post graduate program (approx. 50 students). Our students are challenged to take ownership of their learning in our deliberately diverse and collaborative community. We create a real-world, interdisciplinary context that fosters joyful exploration and develops students’ natural curiosity, personal interests, and individual potential. Tremont graduates are critical thinkers, problem solvers, and compassionate and dynamic citizens. At Tremont School, we use a combination of pedagogies centered around student-directed learning with a thematic curriculum. This Living Curriculum approach provides a personalized learning experience for each of our students. Our students and teachers learn together in a civic-minded community that highly values friendships and intellectual curiosity.
Our Faculty and Administrators become part of a devoted team and a warm school environment that encourages creative expression, celebrates each person’s individuality and values the unique role we each play in our community. Our Faculty possess broad knowledge, a collaborative spirit, interdisciplinary experience, and a desire to connect with each student’s interests. They have experience developing and implementing student-centric experiential learning opportunities for a wide range of learners. Working collaboratively with our team of skilled educators, you will have a unique opportunity to help shape an evolving program that encourages creativity, builds confidence and fosters compassionate and thoughtful engagement in the world around us.
- Students thrive when they feel connected to what they are learning and contribute to a community.
- Strong communities are built on a foundation of respect for diversity of thought, learning styles, personality, and culture.
- Students need to learn how to navigate their own learning in order to become life-long learners.
- The richest learning environment integrates physical, social, emotional and cognitive lives.
- Tremont School is a collaboration among students, teachers, parents, and the community.