2019 – 2020 Applications for Admissions
Priority Deadline: March 15th – Apply Today!
Tremont Transitions Program for 2018 – 2019
Listed below are all of the important steps for applying to Tremont School. We strive to make the online application process as simple and transparent as possible for our prospective families. Parents should feel free to call or email us at any time with questions they might have.
Information about Tremont School can be requested online by clicking here, or by calling or emailing. Prospective families are also encouraged to attend one of our Open Houses scheduled throughout the year.
PARENT TOUR or OPEN HOUSE
After the initial inquiry, parents can set up a time to tour the school and to learn more about our philosophy and community. Tours generally take about an hour. Or parents and students can join us for an Open House.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONS
The online application form provides an opportunity for parents to go into detail about their child’s personality, learning style, interests, strengths, and challenges. It also includes a link to a Release of Student Records permission form (.pdf format) which you must sign and deliver to your child’s current school so that we can obtain their student records.
During the online application process you will be asked to provide the names and e-mail addresses of your child’s English and Math teachers. The online application system will then send each teacher a link to a separate evaluation form, English and Math. You also have the option to submit a general recommendation providing more information from another adult who might know your child well (a coach, music teacher, guidance counselor, etc.). Please note that this recommendation is completely optional. Emails are generated to the teachers after submission of the online application.
For financial aid candidates only: Please submit the application for admissions even if you have not yet completed all requirements for the financial aid process. It is important for us to get your application as early as possible. Admissions are conducted on a need blind basis. Admissions decisions are made independently of financial aid.
Once we have received your completed application, someone from the admissions office will contact you to set up a time for the prospective student to visit the school.
- Schedule a private tour or attend a Tremont School Open House
- Fill out and submit online application by clicking here
- Give signed release form to current school authorizing copies of school records for the Tremont School
- Check that your child’s English and Math teachers have received the request and link for their evaluation (and the optional recommendation, if applicable).
- Financial Aid Candidates: Research financial aid, complete a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) online at www.sss.nais.org. Arrange for financial forms to be submitted to SSS using our school code (157165).
- Schedule student tour/interview
- Schedule Visit Day. Visit Days happen after a student has toured the school and spoken with an admissions counselor. On Visit Days students arrive at 8:15 AM and stay until 12:15 PM. They will spend the day engaging in academic work in the classroom. Students should bring a snack.
- Schedule parent interview with admissions staff (this may be occur the same day as school tour or another time)
- Admission decisions are sent on March 10; late applications are considered as space allows.